pale moon25.2.1 high CPU usage

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
people2004

pale moon25.2.1 high CPU usage

Unread post by people2004 » 2015-04-07, 04:08

the phone is GT-N7000 android 4.1.2
it uses less than 1% cpu at clear startup. but when i use it to browsing about:config or any websites, it uses 46~52% cpu while a webpage is loading or loaded, it cause my phone to be very hot.
and then i tired the android built-in webbrowser, it uses under 1% when a webpage is loaded

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: pale moon25.2.1 high CPU usage

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-04-07, 06:15

That phone is quite a bit out of date it has 2011 era technology. I love the galaxy note series but one that old is bound to have issues after so long. It is no surprise you are having some issues with a phone that was never designed to be used constantly for more than a few years. That is just how they build these things these days. Not to mention running android 4+ on a device that was designed for gingerbread never gives the best results from personal experience.

people2004

Unread post by people2004 » 2015-04-07, 09:06

do you mean there is no way to solve this issue? oke then i will only use the phone's built-in webbrowser. browser websites without javascript will be a great security improve i think
i don't like Android OS and big phones. i got this phone from my brother since he droped it for his new phone. i am using it because i don't want it to be wasted. trying to make respect to all stuff of the world.

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-04-07, 16:10

people2004 wrote:browser websites without javascript will be a great security improve i think
You could use Noscript Anywhere, a port of Noscript for Firefox (and Pale Moon) on Android.