Palemoon over VPN

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Palemoon over VPN

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-29, 19:41

MozillaUser233 wrote:Completely understandable, what I meant was if anyone you knew like one of the developers has a smart device that can run 5.0 tis all :).
Well.. who have a Lollipop device and also use a VPN service affected by this... ;) Kind of a narrow set of parameters there.
MozillaUser233 wrote:Yes, I will help out as best as possible. And will be around.
Thanks!

As it is, looking at the code, I noticed that part of the problem may be that Fennec doesn't actually use the SDK DNS routines, probably to cater to very old Android versions. I'm building one with a fix to actually use the SDK routine right now -- if that's all that's needed then it'll be a rather painless operation. I'll shoot you a PM when I have the build.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2015-03-29, 19:59

Moonchild wrote:
MozillaUser233 wrote:Completely understandable, what I meant was if anyone you knew like one of the developers has a smart device that can run 5.0 tis all :).
Well.. who have a Lollipop device and also use a VPN service affected by this... ;) Kind of a narrow set of parameters there.
MozillaUser233 wrote:Yes, I will help out as best as possible. And will be around.
Thanks!

As it is, looking at the code, I noticed that part of the problem may be that Fennec doesn't actually use the SDK DNS routines, probably to cater to very old Android versions. I'm building one with a fix to actually use the SDK routine right now -- if that's all that's needed then it'll be a rather painless operation. I'll shoot you a PM when I have the build.
Great!

I the mean while, I am upgrading to lollipop so this works out well. I'll keep my email opened.

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2015-03-29, 22:41

Moonchild fixed it! I am on a beta version, and works well over vpn with lollipop 5.0.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-29, 22:49

I'll put the beta up in the Google Play beta channel for others to use. It'll be used at your own risk.

Opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.palemoon.android
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2015-03-29, 23:42

Problem with the link.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-30, 00:50

It'll probably take a few hours. It's Google Play.

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2015-04-02, 01:50

do we need a special google account to access the file?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-04-02, 08:35

I don't know. You just need a Google account as far as I know. But if it doesn't work then I'll just make the APK available for sideloading. I don't have time to figure out what odd way Google Play is apparently doing this.