Clear History Function Does Not Work

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
mytwobears

Clear History Function Does Not Work

Unread post by mytwobears » 2015-03-17, 02:50

Hi - I just started using the Pale Moon browser and I have encountered a number of issues in the way it works on Android. The clear private data function does not work. It remembers my browsing history no matter how many times I clear private data in settings and quit the browser. Also, how can I get rid of the top sites tab? This top site tab is also another way of recording my browsing history. Clear browsing history and do not remember my browsing history are standard features of most browsers today. Is this feature missing in Pale Moon for Android? Or is there a setting I am missing?

I would appreciate any insight into this issue,

Thanks so much,

mytwobears

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Clear History Function Does Not Work

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-03-20, 01:51

Having the same problem as well. But to add one more thing, the private tab is keeping track of Forms and Search History in PM for Android, which shouldn't happen.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

people2004

Unread post by people2004 » 2015-03-20, 14:19

run palemoon private mode as default:
1. open a private tab
2. hold address bar for 2 seconds
3. add to home screen
4. quit palemoon
5. go to android home screen, then open palemoon by "about:privatebro…"

clean history:
1. hit address bar
2. history
3. hold one of these history for 2 seconds
4. clear

tell me this solved your issue or not

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-03-22, 19:02

Yes, setting PM in private data as default works out great! Thanks! But cleaning out the history individually sucks, why doesn't the "clear private data" option work?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

people2004

Unread post by people2004 » 2015-03-24, 07:24

"clear private data" option works for my android 4.1.2
there are tons of difference versions of andriod OS and devices. it seems impossible to make sure 100% compatible with all of them
this is one of the reason why many people they hate android...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-24, 09:31

It will be looked into I am sure. PM4Android is relatively new compared to the years of development of the Desktop version so there are a few small known issues we are working on. One of the problems with the Fennec codebase (the old codename for Firefox for Android) is that much of the code doesn't entirely conform to most of the rest of the mozilla style codebase.

I do want to thank you for pointing this issue out and others for working out a workaround until this can be corrected.

DMTelf

Unread post by DMTelf » 2015-03-31, 17:16

Select 'Use custom settings for History', this seems to work ...