[Resolved] Strange password issue

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
x-15a2

[Resolved] Strange password issue

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-01-30, 12:52

I'm facing a strange issue with a password on PM4A. I've hesitated for quite some time to bring this up because I'm sure that it's a fringe case, but hopefully someone will have a thought on this.

This occurs only on 1 web site. Then I am on that site, when I enter my login credentials (which are saved by PM4A), the password (which contains a "special" character (standard ASCII, not an extended character) is automatically entered, but is incorrect on the first try, so I hit enter, the login fails and I'm asked if I want update my password (I don't respond to that). The web page reloads and my credentials are (automatically) re-entered and this time the password is entered correctly and I get into the site just fine. So, the first time that I try to enter the web site the incorrect password is entered, the 2nd time (with no changes made) the password is entered correctly. Oh, and when it fails the first time, the cursor is all jacked up: the characters are hidden (as they should be) but the cursor jumps to the middle of the characters (right where the "special" character is, and when I move the cursor to the end of the password and try to backspace over it, the cursor jumps back to the same place.

Does any of this make sense? Oh, and this doesn't happen on PM in Windows or Linux and I have them all synced.

I have deleted the password, no fix. Any other thoughts?
Last edited by x-15a2 on 2015-02-01, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.

x-15a2

Re: Strange password issue

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-01-31, 22:17

I figured out what the issue was, not directly PM4A related.