Feature request & wanting to get involved

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
NFiorentini

Feature request & wanting to get involved

Unread post by NFiorentini » 2014-11-22, 02:31

I've been using Pale Moon on my laptop for several years now, but just tried it for my Android phone this week. I had been a loyal Dolphin user prior.

I like to paste my OneNote notes in Word, save them as .html, and view the notes in my phone's browser. I use this process because OneNote won't directly save, along with the .html, the black background . Light letters on a black background, to me, are easier to read for longer periods of time, and I believe it saves battery power.

Even after adding the fonts to the system/font directory of my rooted phone, Dolphin wouldn't display my files' fonts correctly. However, Pale Moon does!

I like Pale Moon for Android a lot, and want to ask for two additional features:

1) Dolphin allows the user to hide the Notification Area at the top. Maybe Pale Moon could also?

2) I haven't found an add-on that successfully darkens the tab and address bars at the top. Perhaps Pale Moon could include a built-in light-text-on-dark theme somehow?

Also, I've been learning Android programming. Is there a way that I can get involved and help?

Thank you!

NFiorentini

Re: Feature request & wanting to get involved

Unread post by NFiorentini » 2015-02-11, 22:08

So I guess that's a NO on hiding the Notification Area and endarkenating the tabs?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-02-11, 22:53

The notification bar hiding would be tricky.. I would put that in a feature to look into for the future as a possible enhancement.

As for the toolbar.. Why not use a dark persona (lightweight theme called just themes at Mozilla)?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-02-11, 23:53

Sorry that your post went unnoticed for a long time.

Pale Moon should automatically hide the navigation bar at the top when you scroll down. Doesn't it do this for you?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

NFiorentini

Unread post by NFiorentini » 2015-02-13, 16:21

Matt A Tobin wrote:The notification bar hiding would be tricky.. I would put that in a feature to look into for the future as a possible enhancement.
You mean it's not as simple as ...

Code: Select all

getWindow().setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN, WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN);
... in onCreate()? :D

(I still have lots to learn. sigh.)
Matt A Tobin wrote:As for the toolbar.. Why not use a dark persona (lightweight theme called just themes at Mozilla)?
That seems to mostly work, except the address bar at the top is still black text on a white bar. But it's good enough, I need to stop being so picky, and most of all, thank you very much for the help!

And I'd like to reiterate my offer to help with Pale Moon for Android. What I lack in experience, knowledge, talent, ability, and sobriety, I make up with positive attitude, a psychotic dedication to figuring out how something works, a strong work ethic, and dashing good looks! Oh, and the ability to take orders. Just point me in the right direction.
Moonchild wrote:Sorry that your post went unnoticed for a long time.
No problem. I know that you folks are extremely busy. And I'm very grateful for the work that you all do.