browser for old system

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: browser for old system

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-07, 17:42

Moonraker, you are a well known idiot but you are not naive and unaware. Don't pretend you are.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-02-07, 18:09

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-02-07, 17:42
Moonraker, you are a well known idiot but you are not naive and unaware. Don't pretend you are.
well known idiot.?..not really but whatever rocks your boat.
I wil take your insult like a man and i refuse to stoop to schoolyard bickering. :D
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-07, 18:15

You did read what I said after that right?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-02-07, 18:31

Certainly i did.But i don't like the term old being used as meaning insecure...if something is old and you feel it is insecure then it is up to the person to secure it.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-02-07, 19:25

Wrong ^2
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-02-08, 00:59

Moonraker wrote:
2021-02-07, 18:31
Certainly i did.But i don't like the term old being used as meaning insecure...if something is old and you feel it is insecure then it is up to the person to secure it.
In the very specific case of software, old and unsecure is a consequence of being unmaintained. And with closed source operating systems and software, maintaining it is out of the question once the original company dumps it which is why it is especially moronic to stick onto Windows XP even now as a regular daily driver (and not some highly specific case where you're using some old software that does the job for you on a computer that isn't connected to the internet).

This doesn't mean open source is automatically secure, again a project may die off for lack of interest and there are tons of orphaned ones on Sourceforge/Github. Finally, the stubborn holdouts are welcome to continue holding out, but they cannot expect others to continue supporting their platforms.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-02-08, 04:10

Moonraker wrote:
2021-02-07, 17:34
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-02-07, 17:20
Well that's the thing as the years long campaign is that we ourselves are Old and Insecure THUS we must support things that are Old and Insecure by default right?
Hmm in my mind there is nothing wrong with something being old. 8-) .Not sure why the term "old" is somehow classed as a derogatory term. :shock:

Secure is purely subjective. :eh:
Alright then, how about outdated and insecure... is that more clear?

I wasn't making a derogatory against old people on purpose and it certainly was NOT my intention. I do however think supporting every os under the sun and even xp is pointless. Although I also think windows is a sinking ship when it comes to security. But that's not my call, that is Moonchild's call and I think he finds it worth something otherwise he wouldn't be supporting it.

Moonchild correct me, if you feel like it.

Either way though, I go open source now since somewhere between 2014 and 2015. Aka, linux.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-08, 04:41

Old and Insecure is the popular mantra of the enemy agents out to destroy us. Since I started using the phrase my self they haven't said it nearly as much.