Writing into search/address bar impossible

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
andrbjor

Writing into search/address bar impossible

Unread post by andrbjor » 2016-12-16, 17:05

Hi,

As a dedicated Pale Moon user on both our Mac's and PC's the first thing I did after switching from IOS to Android was to install Pale Moon for Android.

In general it seems to be working fine, although after a couple of days of usage the search/address bar becomes corrupt and as soon as I click in the bar the screen flickers and the on screen keyboard dissapears and there is no way to type any moore.

The only way I've found to get around this is to completely remove the app and then reinstall.

I'm using a OnePlus 3T with all updates installed and Pale Moon w/o any addons/extensions.

Any thoughts/idead?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Writing into search/address bar impossible

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2016-12-16, 17:51

In the times that I've used Pale Moon for Android, I have not encountered a problem like that.
andrbjor wrote:I'm using a OnePlus 3T
OnePlus uses a modified version of Android on their phones called OxygenOS. I don't know what the differences are between OxygenOS and stock Android, but that might be part of the issue.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Writing into search/address bar impossible

Unread post by eskaton » 2016-12-16, 19:17

FWIW, I'm having a similar problem on my Pixel with Andriod 7.1.1. When I tap on a username or password field, nothing happens; no keyboard comes up or flashes. Sometimes one of the highlight selection wedges pops up, but that's it.

I know the Android version isn't being actively developed and things like this are bound to come up with newer versions of Android.