Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
- Pale Moon guru
- Posts: 34491
- Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
- Location: Motala, SE
This is a security and compatibility update.
Pale Moon's APK is, as usual, available in the Google Play store in a few hours
- Implemented a breaking CSP (content security policy) spec change; when a page with CSP is loaded over http, Pale Moon now interprets CSP directives to also include https versions of the hosts listed in CSP if a scheme (http/https) isn't explicitly listed.
- Fixed an issue with the XML parser where it would sometimes end up in an unknown state.
- Fixed a few potentially exploitable crashes.
- Fixed a potentially exploitable crash related to text writing direction. (CVE-2016-5280).
- Made checking for invalid PNG files more strict.
, or downloadable right now from here for sideloading:
Mirror 1 (US): here
Mirror 2 (EU): here
Alternatively, you can grab it from our FTP server:
Code: Select all
Size: 24,164,610 Bytes
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 2013-08-23, 19:54
Thank you for keeping this up.
Works good with Androi 6.0.1
I'm glad that this browser is still maintained. I like it better than the (now heavily bloated) Firefox.
I just want to say thank you so very much for this @Moonchild. I've only recently discovered this and have been battling with Firefox all this time (I do not use Play and never knew this existed). Thank you for a browser that works like a dream on my mobile, it's the only browser I've found so far in a sea of shit that works nicely on a mobile interface, looks good, is speedy, can use both uBlock origin and uMatrix, has an option to sync with your PC browser, has a great ui etc etc etc. This web browser has helped renew my waning interest in my android device and helped make it a bit more awesome. Thank you so much for this and thank you for making it easily available outside of the Play Store.
thank you very much for releasing this version. Just a question: How can I enable Flash in this version? The guide from the forum here
does not seem to work any more. Nothing happens when tapping on the "plugin required" page mentioned there. Flash 220.127.116.11 is installed. Android version is 5.1.1.
Thank you very much and kind regards,
Flash for android is dead or not? Since android 4 if i'm not wrong.