Lastpass 4.0 for Android

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
troypulk

Lastpass 4.0 for Android

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-05-04, 03:12

I use lastpass 3.3.1 on my computer Pale Moon I want to install LP in my PM on my phone but in order to use it and sync with LP on my computer PM it says that I have to upgrade to 4.0 on my phone and pay for it.

Two questions:

Will my lastpass 3.3.1 on my computer PM conflict with the lastpass 4.0 on my phone?

Is it really necessary to upgrade to LP 4.0 on my phone to have it work with my LP 3.3.1 on my computer PM?

Thanks

x-15a2

Re: Lastpass 4.0 for Android

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2016-05-04, 08:33

These seem like questions for LastPass support, since it's their Addon, but I just went to Mozilla's Addon site and LastPass is version 3.3.1 and appears to be free.

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-05-04, 13:52

Right, Lastpass 3.3.1 is for FF/PM on a PC.

I'm talking about a Android Phone.

I'm looking for someone who has gone through this already doing this on Pale Moon.

So has anyone using Lastpass on Pale Moon sync'd there android phone using Lastpass?

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2016-05-04, 22:29

So, when I was on my Android tablet, using PM4A and went to the Mozilla Mobile add-ons site and found and installed LastPass version 3.3.1 (updated on March 8, 2016 that works with Firefox for Android 10.0.a1- *) to my Android device, I wasn't using Android?
Like I said, you should contact LastPass with this issue, as it's their program to support.

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-05-05, 00:15

Okay,

I just installed Lastpass 3.3.1 on my android phone from the Mozilla Mobile add-ons site, as soon as I login it says:
You currently have a free account for desktop access only. For unlimited sync between mobile and desktop devices, please upgrade to LastPass Premium.
Then it kicks me out and I'm not able to use it.

This is why I posted this thread in the first place, I'm wondering how others have dealt with this since only LastPass 3.3.1 works with Pale Moon.

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2016-05-23, 23:21

There seem to be two separate issues here. One is what version(s) of Last Pass will work on Android devices, the other is syncing between Android and a PC. In your last message, you mentioned that Last Pass said you had a free subscription to Last Pass on your PC and that is for desktop access only. If you want to sync multiple devices on the same platform--multiple PCs, for example, you can do that for free. But if you want to be able to sync between devices on different platforms, such as syncing between a PC and an Android phone, you have to become a "Premium" member, at a cost of $12 per year. If you don't want to get a Premium membership, you won't be able to have Last Pass sync between your PC and your Android device even if they're using the same version of Last Pass.
PM 29.1.1(32-bit) on Win10 Professional 64-bit

justmix4

Unread post by justmix4 » 2016-05-25, 12:41

I recommend you KeePass. This is a free open source alternative to LP. I am using for some time and is very convenient. They also have a convenient application for Android Keepass2Android.
PM Desktop works well with KeeFox 1.4.8.1. Its advantages are primarily convenience, security, accessibility to many systems (iOS, Linux, Android, Windows, Mac and others).
Database between PC and Android you can synchronize without problems using plugins via clouds Drive, Dropbox, Mega etc.

http://keepass.info/

Regards.

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-05-26, 20:29

Through x-15a2's posts I found out that LassPass has a 3.3.1 version for android that I can use on my phone there by avoiding a conflict between versions.

But I would still have to go to the Premium version in order to use it on my phone.

I don't really need it on the phone now, if I do in the future I'll download it.

I looked into Keepass and Keefox, they are substandard and inconvenient compared to LassPass so I will be staying with LassPass for now, but thanks anyway.