A Minor Suggestion

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
TI_Inspire

A Minor Suggestion

Unread post by TI_Inspire » 2015-12-06, 03:09

My overall first impressions of PM4A are generally positive, however I'd like to see the audition of some minor settings.

As far I can tell there is no way to change the start page or the new tab defaults to just a simple blank page, which I would prefer just simply because I think it looks cleaner. The audition of settings that would allow me to change those pages to be just blank (or maybe a tutorial on how to change those pages to be blank if I can already do it) would be greatly appreciated. :D

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: A Minor Suggestion

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-12-06, 04:22

TI_Inspire wrote:
As far I can tell there is no way to change the start page or the new tab defaults to just a simple blank page,
This post below from Tobin will show you how.

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10128&p=69824#p69825

TI_Inspire

Unread post by TI_Inspire » 2015-12-06, 05:17

helloimustbegoing wrote: This post below from Tobin will show you how.

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10128&p=69824#p69825
Well the option to change the start page or new tab is not available in the settings or tools section for the mobile browser (it is there for the desktop though).

Also searching for browser.newtab.url in about:config yielded me nothing in mobile but I found it on the desktop browser.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-12-06, 05:36

Although they are both called Pale Moon. Pale Moon for Android shares almost no application specific code with the desktop browser. Fennec-based browsers are implemented in native android java (with some glue to the common platform and engine) But for most intents and purposes they should be considered completely different programs and products.

TI_Inspire

Unread post by TI_Inspire » 2015-12-06, 05:41

Matt A Tobin wrote:Although they are both called Pale Moon. Pale Moon for Android shares almost no application specific code with the desktop browser. Fennec-based browsers are implemented in native android java (with some glue to the common platform and engine) But for most intents and purposes they should be considered completely different programs and products.
Thank you for the insight.

But regardless, how could I make the start up page and the new tab open up to about:blank?

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-12-06, 06:09

This is for Android? It is posted in the Pale Moon Portable thread. Should be moved to the Pale Moon for Android section.
(Pale Moon Portable and Pale Moon for Android are two different animals.)

TI_Inspire

Unread post by TI_Inspire » 2015-12-06, 06:26

helloimustbegoing wrote:This is for Android? It is posted in the Pale Moon Portable thread. Should be moved to the Pale Moon for Android section.
(Pale Moon Portable and Pale Moon for Android are two different animals.)
Yes. I was unaware.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-12-06, 07:05

To answer your question.. You cannot. It is not implemented that way in fennec.

TI_Inspire

Unread post by TI_Inspire » 2015-12-06, 07:20

Matt A Tobin wrote:To answer your question.. You cannot. It is not implemented that way in fennec.
Thank you for the reply.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-06, 15:09

IIRC, there is a Fennec-specific add-on that uses some tricks to do this. It is/was available on addons.mozilla.org.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

TI_Inspire

Unread post by TI_Inspire » 2015-12-06, 17:31

Moonchild wrote:IIRC, there is a Fennec-specific add-on that uses some tricks to do this. It is/was available on addons.mozilla.org.

Do you remember what the addon is called?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-07, 13:18

Sorry, not off-hand, but it was easy enough to find doing a search on some keywords.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite