Streaming problem - Why do you hate Harry Shearer?

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
Mtngoat

Streaming problem - Why do you hate Harry Shearer?

Unread post by Mtngoat » 2015-11-30, 06:23

Hi and thanks for continued work on this browser.
My issue tho is not being able to listen to Harry Shearer's "Le Show". Works fine with the Opera thing, but neither the link at WWNO (http://wwno.org/programs/le-show) nor at his own site, http://harryshearer.com/le-show/ will play nor download what's basically an mp3. In fact the latter actually crashes the browser when I try to "Listen".

I should mention this is on CM 12.1 (nightlies) on a Droid 4, uBlock Origin is installed and there are many GBs free internally and externally.

Thanks for any clues, It's the only reason I keep Opera on my phone.

Chuck

Mtngoat

Re: Streaming problem - Why do you hate Harry Shearer?

Unread post by Mtngoat » 2015-12-01, 02:56

Ok, in case there's any doubt, I don't think PM really hates HS. Still...

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-12-01, 03:16

Disable uBlock Origin on http://harryshearer.com/le-show/ and see if it will then work.

Mtngoat

Unread post by Mtngoat » 2015-12-01, 04:41

Nyet.
Same thing. I click on the link to DL or listen to the show, a new tab opens, the browser freezes and after ...15-20 seconds PM closes. Similar prob with http://radiolab.org. uBlock is disabled for both sites.
Should add that I've only recently started using uBlock and this problem predates it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-01, 11:48

Mtngoat wrote:I should mention this is on CM 12.1 (nightlies) on a Droid 4
Can you explain this please?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Mtngoat

Unread post by Mtngoat » 2015-12-01, 12:16

CyanogenMod 12.1, nightly builds.
Motorola Droid 4

I'm not a developer so I haven't hacked around the OS much. It remains pretty much stock.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-01, 20:44

Ah.. ok, so, you're running into trouble on a development nightly build of a custom ROM image for your phone... Hmm.. "it can happen", I guess is as far as I can provide an answer to this issue you're having, I'm afraid. Although I'd love to provide support, there really isn't much I can do for people in such situations. Maybe other community members here or in the CyanogenMod community will have some insights, workarounds or solutions.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Mtngoat

Unread post by Mtngoat » 2015-12-01, 21:07

Yup, no worries. I half expected that. Reason I went ahead here is that this isn't a problem in the Opera browser and I'm still not clear on how addons, default players, etc. work in Palemoon.
Thanks (and to anyone else with a suggestion).

Mtngoat

Unread post by Mtngoat » 2016-07-15, 00:45

So, I'm resurrecting this because I'm back on a stock phone now and it still won't play mp3's. Should it at all?
This is on Android 6.0 fully up to date running on an LG V10 device. I just did a factory reset the other day because Android went through a major update after I got it and it broke some things (Power Amp). There is no antivirus installed and only uBlock which is disabled for the site.
Am I asking too much for PM to play mp3's? Or to spawn another app to do so?

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2016-07-15, 15:27

I'm using CM 12.1 on Android 5.1.1

From what I can tell it's using a java script to play the audio.

It doesn't work for me either but I'm not sure how to get java to work or turn on in PM for android, it seems to work just fine in the PM 26.3.3 for PC.

You will have to search this forum to find out.

EDIT:

I'm thinking it might be the useragent for that site, PM for android says its Firefox 31.9

Well, the useragent isn't the issue, I tried two, one for FF 38.9 and 45 just for http://harryshearer.com

So I'm not sure what's going on.