FF Android webbrowser

Anything related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.

Moderator: satrow

dapgo
Moonbather
Moonbather

FF Android webbrowser

Postby dapgo » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 15:14

I was a happy user of PM 25 for Android, it runs smoothly but as time is passing, I find more and more pages which doesn't load or render properly.
Though for some pages I am still using PM25 because it is lighter and faster than others, for other pages I need a more updated browser.

I am aware of some browser based in webkit engine, even lightweight versions like lighting, Mercury,etc....

However, based in Gecko/FF engine, Firefox and Fennec are too heavy, slow and unresponsive in my device (Android v4.3).
Waterfox55 works much better than the previous but is still very heavy and some times unresponsive.

is there any lightweight browser based in gecko? does it support addins?
What are u using in devices with some years?

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: FF Android webbrowser

Postby cyberreine » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 23:01

dapgo, I still use Pale Moon 25 as my primary browser on my Huawei MediaPad M3 tablet. Occasionally, I come upon a site it doesn't handle well, but not all that often. I do have do have two other browsers on the tablet: Dolphin and Chrome. I like Dolphin quite a bit, and in fact it's the primary browser on my older, space-challenged phone that runs Android 4.2 (I finally removed Pale Moon from the phone because I was so hard-pressed for space, and Dolphin was smaller.) The only add-ons I have on Dolphin are LastPass and something called Web to PDF. I don't think they're Mozilla add-ons, and I doubt that Mozilla add-ons would work on Dolphin, and of course now less and less on Pale Moon. As for Chrome, it came with the tablet, but I almost never use it. I keep it for the very few times that a site seems designed to work well only with Chrome.

I strongly doubt that Dolphin is gecko-based, but that's not something I pay a lot of attention to, especially not on Android. If you're interested in Dolphin, you can find it in Google's Play Store.
Last edited by cyberreine on Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
PM 27.9.0 (32-bit) on Win7 Professional 64-bit
PM for Android 25.9.6 on Huawei MediaPad M3 [Android 7]

Return to “Pale Moon for Android”