Leaving and LastPass and experimenting with KeePassX

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
C1xLb

Leaving and LastPass and experimenting with KeePassX

Unread post by C1xLb » 2015-09-23, 16:53

I've been looking to leave LastPass for a while, primarily due to it not being open source, although it is a good service! Anyway, I think I've got a reasonable funtionally equivalent and open source alternative in KeePassX and the PassIFox addon so if anyone else is interested...

I *think* I've got this working after some quick tests! Running xubuntu, I installed a KeePassX fork via this ppa which seems to be pretty up to date. At the time of writing, KeePassX was built 4 days ago. I then installed PassIFox (github repo) and all was well!

p.s. having now removed the LastPass addon, Pale Moon is even quicker and I *think* it uses about 100mb less RAM...

squarefractal

Re: Leaving and LastPass and experimenting with KeePassX

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-09-24, 09:23

Personally, I use Keepass on Windows and kpcli on Linux, and manually copy the credentials to the form fields.

Thanks for posting the link to PasslFox though, that can help me save me the effort of manually copying things as I have been doing since Keefox became incompatible with Pale Moon.

C1xLb

Unread post by C1xLb » 2015-09-24, 09:29

Nice one - I've only been using this setup for 6 hours or so but Pale Moon run so much faster!

Tharn

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-09-24, 09:51

You can also right-click credentials and select 'Perform Auto-Type'. At least on Windows.