[CSS] Content of some websites missing

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
crashdump

[CSS] Content of some websites missing

Unread post by crashdump » 2015-09-12, 08:13

Palemoon for Linux 64 doesn't display content of some websites. Switching CSS off shows all content but without formatting. See attachment.

I used a new installed bzipped tarball 25.7.0 (x64) without any plugins or modifications and removed "~/.moonchild productions" before installation. Linux 32 works fine.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-09-12 10-02-11.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [CSS] Content of some websites missing

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-09-12, 10:29

Not too much at home in Linux, so bear with me, but it seems to me that the issue is that (custom) fonts aren't rendering properly.
Are they being blocked somehow? Is your x64 font handling in order?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-09-12, 11:59

Below is my screen of the "un4seen" site and as anyone can see it renders properly for me using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 25.7.0 in 64 bit linux Mint 17.2 (Rafaela). Just click on the attachment to get a bigger and clearer picture.
Attachments
PMUN1366.png
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2015-09-12, 14:44

Night Wing wrote:Below is my screen of the "un4seen" site and as anyone can see it renders properly for me using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 25.7.0 in 64 bit linux Mint 17.2 (Rafaela). Just click on the attachment to get a bigger and clearer picture.
Likewise as 'Night Wing'' reports. My OS and Pale Moon v. also the same as N W's. Even with 'NoScript' blocking javascript(!) I can see text content at 'www.un4seen.com' 's homepage and text content on other links clicked within the main page as well.

crashdump

Unread post by crashdump » 2015-09-13, 06:02

Yes, your are right. I use new Debian "stretch" and there is a system-wide bug within Debian's 64 bit font render.

Switching off 'Preferences->Content->Fonts->Allow pages to choose their own fonts' brings back the whole content. This option disables external fonts.

Thanks.