segfault when using whatsapp web

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
richardkemp

segfault when using whatsapp web

Unread post by richardkemp » 2015-09-08, 22:39

[1] 22265 segmentation fault palemoon

Pale Moon crashes and this error is printed in the terminal from which I run Pale Moon when I visit https://web.whatsapp.com -- this only just started happening (I don't think I even upgraded PM): I used to use the site regularly. I have tried safe mode and a clean profile, the issue persists.

Intel i3 3120, 16gb RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Arch Linux, 'palemoon' package installed from the Arch AUR. I was getting errors on the version I had installed (presumably the previous one, fairly recent anyway), and after upgrading to this, the latest version, there is no change:
aur/palemoon 25.7.0-1 (37) [installed]

~ ❯❯❯ uname -a
Linux triomphe 4.1.6-1-ck #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 17 15:25:36 EDT 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

There's nothing in the system logs as viewed using journalctl. Happy to provide any further info. Cheers.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: segfault when using whatsapp web

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-09-09, 01:05

richardkemp

Re: segfault when using whatsapp web

Unread post by richardkemp » 2015-09-09, 06:16

Ah God. Stupid of me. Thank you!