Styles, themes and extensions to make Pale Moon more Linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
SvenG

Styles, themes and extensions to make Pale Moon more Linux

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-09-03, 08:20

I have gathered a short list of stuff to integrate Pale Moon (mainly visually) with a Linux desktop in other words: make it look and feel more Linux. I have at least tried them all and they seem to work, however, the styles and themes might require some adjustments to work with your theme but you can use them at least as a base. Please note that I have taken the screen shots on Ubuntu with Unity desktop, on your desktop it might look different (e.g. window controls, fonts, etc.), but the basic function should be the same. Also note that all screen shots for themes and styles were taken without any further adjustments, I only changed the GTK theme (fairly random).

Styles:
Native look for PaleMoon/Firefox 4+ on Linux: use the Systems GTK2 theme. Users of Fossa Mail or Thunderbird might want to try Thunderbird 5+ GTK Tabs.
Native look for PaleMoon/Firefox 4+ on Linux style with Radiance GTK Theme on Ubuntu
Native look for PaleMoon/Firefox 4+ on Linux style with Radiance GTK Theme on Ubuntu
Native look for PaleMoon/Firefox 4+ on Linux style with Dorian 3.10 GTK Theme on Ubuntu
Native look for PaleMoon/Firefox 4+ on Linux style with Dorian 3.10 GTK Theme on Ubuntu
Themes:
GTK+ Native: use the Systems GTK2 theme
GTK+ Native with Ambiance GTK theme on Ubuntu
GTK+ Native with Ambiance GTK theme on Ubuntu
GTK+ Native with Mediterranean Night Darkest GTK theme on Ubuntu
GTK+ Native with Mediterranean Night Darkest GTK theme on Ubuntu
GTK+ Native with Hackstation GTK theme on Ubuntu
GTK+ Native with Hackstation GTK theme on Ubuntu
GNOME 3 (use older version): adoption for the Adwaita theme (works also with other light themes based on Adwaita might look odd with others), can be adjusted using GNOME Theme Tweak (use older version)
GNOME 3 theme with Adwaita GTK theme on Ubuntu
GNOME 3 theme with Adwaita GTK theme on Ubuntu
GNOME 3 theme with Gnomish Grey GTK theme on Ubuntu
GNOME 3 theme with Gnomish Grey GTK theme on Ubuntu
Extensions:
GNotifier: use native notification bubbles (using libnotify)
Download notification using GNotifier on Ubuntu
Download notification using GNotifier on Ubuntu
Notification.png (8.95 KiB) Viewed 863 times
----

If you have some more, please feel free to share them with us. :)