Palemoon opening endless blank dialogs after resume

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
hjgode

Palemoon opening endless blank dialogs after resume

Unread post by hjgode » 2015-08-20, 05:24

Hello

I am running palemoon 25.5.0 on a debian 8 linux (LXDE) netbbok (Acer AOA150). Internet is connected via WLAN.

Sometimes after a suspend (lid closed) and resume palemoon opens endless number of blank small dialogs until I got the chance to switch to an open terminal and enter "killall palemoon". The lxde panel will be filled up with never ending new window buttons for these empty dialogs.
The above only happens if palemoon is the foreground window.

Possibly this is related to one of the loaded internet pages with mail.google.com among them. I normally have 8 tabs loaded. The active tab is not using any ajax as far as I know.

I assume this is related to no getting an internet connection immediately. When the netbook resumes it will take some seconds until WLAN and Internet are re-connected. But, as said, it does not happen every time. Fortunately Palemoon supports session restore and so I do not loose data after a killall and re-start of palemoon.

Can anyone help. The issue is sometimes very anoying.

thanks

Josef

SvenG

Re: Palemoon opening endless blank dialogs after resume

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-08-20, 21:49

Do you close the internet connection or do you just connection break? That's the only thing I could think of at the moment, the description itself is pretty vague. Could also be caused by an addon that tries to connect to something.