Audio stream problem from Bandcamp

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
rek_f

Audio stream problem from Bandcamp

Unread post by rek_f » 2015-07-17, 19:20

System: Manjaro Linux x64
PM Version: 25.5.0
Plugins: Flash 11.2.202.481; IcedTea-Web 1.6
Add-ons: deactivated

Hi,
i moved recently to this nice browser and it appeared that i have a problem to stream audio from Bandcamp. Gstreamer ist set to true in the config, also all add-ons are deactivated.
The only thing iam hearing is some cracking noise. Streaming audio from Firefox (same flash and icedtea version) works fine. Youtube is working here fine too, but when i tried to play something from here: https://www.freesound.org/browse/ its the same as with Bandcamp, only this cracking noise and it skips seconds.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Audio stream problem from Bandcamp

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-07-19, 19:23

HI rek, welcome to the forum!

I also am on Manjaro x64 and cannot reproduce on bandcamp.com. I do not have Flash installed, and gstreamer is set false.

Have you tried in safe mode or with a new profile?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-19, 20:39

That is some nice streaming audio on that site. I liked the Europa and the Thunderstorm ones.
Off-topic:
BTW, the streaming audio sounds work perfectly with no skips and no crackling noise in 64 bit linux Mint 17.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

rek_f

Unread post by rek_f » 2015-07-20, 19:49

I've tried it to deinstall Pale Moon and FF completely and installed only PL again. still the same.
Flash player is removed -> still the same
gstreamer is set to false -> at least the samples from Freesounds are working, but Bandcamp still wont.
Started PM in safemode & new profile -> the same problem

I've noticed that in Pulse Audio the stream for audio appears in the playback tab also interrupted (appears and disappears), like the sound itself.
Maybe some paths to codecs, decoder are not set correctly ?

Btw: in my virtual box (win64) PM is working fine with Bandcamp, and Flash is installed.

Bark at the moon

Unread post by Bark at the moon » 2015-11-13, 12:27

I had the same problem because audio MP3 preferences was always save the file, always ask is okay.
Maybe it can help.

Pale Moon rocks!