[SOLVED] FossaMail & Pale Moon crash on anything in menubar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

[SOLVED] FossaMail & Pale Moon crash on anything in menubar

Unread post by JSladek » 2015-07-05, 18:44

I am attempting to see if FossaMail (in particular) and PaleMoon would be a good changeover from TBird & FF. However, I cannot even get started. After installing the program(s) and going through the initial data entry, a click on any menu bar item for either product crashes the program. Both products are 64 bit Linux.

My OS is SolydK-64 (debian 8.1 & KDE 4.14.2) and I have tried to load and run both programs in both my active OS and off of a live disk. I also tried to install and run FossaMail off of a Kubuntu v14.04 live disk. It failed with all attempts. Any ideas?
Last edited by trava90 on 2015-07-12, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marking SOLVED

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: FossaMail & Pale Moon crash on anything in menubar

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-05, 23:05

This sounds like the oxygen-gtk issue that is known and a problem because our clients are not on the short list that get special treatment in the theme engine as being a "mozilla application". Changing your theme to something else would fix this -- poking the people in charge of the theming engine would also be a good thing so maybe they actually finally do something about it?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: FossaMail & Pale Moon crash on anything in menubar

Unread post by JSladek » 2015-07-11, 15:51

Thanks. That did it for both PM and FM. Now the problem will be to decide on what theme to REALLY change to - I really didn't like the one I tried. Always decisions. <G>