Integration into most populated DE in OS by Linus Torvalds

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
modos189

Integration into most populated DE in OS by Linus Torvalds

Unread post by modos189 » 2015-06-24, 11:21

Hello. I tried to create a theme, in which i described that Pale Moon as its parent has without full integration, but was rather unexpected answer when my theme was rejected by the moderator: "The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product."

I do not know kakogohuya where it was found in my post ads, and very upset that attitude, so i try to repeat the question, without calling-party products and without pictures-examples.

So now file dialogs do not look native in the most popular DE in OS by Linus Torvalds, but for the parent Pale Moon be developed a patch for integration, which is even used by default in one of the most popular distributions. Will this patch integrated into the Pale Moon?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Integration into most populated DE in OS by Linus Torval

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-06-24, 23:12

Most likely the post was you first post, did not provide a clear post description or content, and generally looked like just a link to another site or specific program not directly related to Pale Moon.

Apologies if this was a mistake on the account of forum staff; it's sometimes difficult to determine if a post is actually genuine.

As for integration of a patch for system dialogs, that all depends on exactly what the patch entails: is it just theme changing, or will it also change the way the browser operates? Please provide as much detail as you can.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-06-25, 05:01

s/theme/post/g;s/Most populated DE/Unity/g;s/one of the most popular distributions/Ubuntu/g ;)

What OP is talking about is Unity menubar integration -- maybe just porting the Ubuntu patches from FF24 would work?

modos189

Unread post by modos189 » 2015-06-25, 08:20

s/Most populated DE/KDE/g;s/one of the most popular distributions/OpenSUSE/g

There is a patch for the native file dialogs in KDE he called kmozhelper or firefox-kde-support.
Now the file dialogs in the style of the Gnome (GTK).