Start up procedure

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gordonC

Start up procedure

Unread post by gordonC » 2015-06-10, 03:30

I'm a very new PM user, having migrated from Iceweasel on an MX14 Linux system. On first start up was greeted with a whole mass of Link icons to other sites that did not interest me. So I deleted them using the dropdown menu available on each box of icons. All OK until the next startup when the darned icons were back again. Is this usual.
Gordon.

_Poke_

Re: Start up procedure

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-06-10, 06:02

That would be the default homepage. You can easily change your homepage in Options > General. If you'd like a blank page, set it to about:blank (or even about:logopage). Otherwise, you can set it to any website you'd like to start on, perhaps a search engine?

gordonC

Unread post by gordonC » 2015-06-10, 08:15

Thanks for that info'. Will spend more time learning how things work.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-06-10, 12:47

Or, you can use the start portal's features and make it into whatever you prefer, with whatever sites you have interest in and/or feeds, etc.
Completely up to you :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite