Strange problem with PM and freshplayer

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Strange problem with PM and freshplayer

Unread post by mozart78 » 2015-05-26, 17:54

Hello everybody :)
I have a little strange problem with bulgarian file share site, which is very popular here. When I use freshplayer, the site don't accept captcha and it says that the code is wrong whem I enter it. When I uninstall freshplayer and than try with flashplugin, there isn't such problem. At the same time FF works with both freshplayer and flashplugin. I tried on 2 more computers with PM and freshplayer and the problem persists there too. Here you are the site and a file with captcha:

http://dox.abv.bg/files/dw?a=c96a357d18

Thank you for any help.

martywd

Re: Strange problem with PM and freshplayer

Unread post by martywd » 2015-05-26, 19:39

mozart78 wrote:Hello everybody :)
I have a little strange problem with bulgarian file share site, which is very popular here. When I use freshplayer, the site don't accept captcha and it says that the code is wrong whem I enter it. When I uninstall freshplayer and than try with flashplugin, there isn't such problem. At the same time FF works with both freshplayer and flashplugin. I tried on 2 more computers with PM and freshplayer and the problem persists there too. Here you are the site and a file with captcha:

http://dox.abv.bg/files/dw?a=c96a357d18

Thank you for any help.
I don't read/speak the language, but I can duplicate what the OP types about. And. With the 'freshplayer' wrapper removed (adobe-flashplugin remains installed), the Captcha codes still _do_not_ work in PM. I've verified this in PM4linux (64-bit) and PM in Windows (32-bit). In PM4linux I tested in a profile with no extensions installed, the Captcha codes do not work. In Firefox (Linux 64-bit) w/extensions installed, the Captcha code works regardless (see pic) of whether the 'freshplayer' wrapper package is install, or not.
Attachments
Screenshot-DOX.bg_-_Mozilla_Firefox.png
Screenshot-DOX.bg_-_Mozilla_Firefox.png

mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mozart78 » 2015-05-26, 20:33

For me PM works with flashplugin installed and freshplayer removed. Strange...

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2015-05-26, 21:16

mozart78 wrote:For me PM works with flashplugin installed and freshplayer removed. Strange...
Weird? I can't make that site work in PM, period. w/ Linux or Windows. What flavor of Linux are you running? In Linux all my testing has been on LinuxMint 17.1 64-bit (Pale Moon 25.4.1 64-bit) with the 'adobe-flashplugin 1:20150512.1-0trusty1' installed _and_ with/without 'freshplayerplugin 0.2.4+git20150518~webupd8~trusty0' installed.

mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mozart78 » 2015-05-26, 21:59

I'm running Arch Linux and Pale Moon 25.4.1 64-bit :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-28, 15:10

Loaded the URL in Windows 32-bit (Flash ESR13), entered the captcha, was able to download. I don't have any issues... :crazy:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mozart78 » 2015-05-28, 15:57

In Windows it works fine, that's why I post in the Linux forum :)

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2015-05-28, 19:08

mozart78 wrote:I'm running Arch Linux and Pale Moon 25.4.1 64-bit :)
That's my fault. I brought Windows into the mix, with my post. So with that typed....
Off-topic:
I tried the link in Windows again. This time in a 'clean' profile and it works! My issue in Windows was an extension issue, NOT a Pale Moon for Windows issue!

Sorry!

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-05-29, 03:59

Possibly try disabling Flash temporarily? The captcha works for me without Flash installed.

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2015-05-29, 05:08

trava90 wrote:Possibly try disabling Flash temporarily? The captcha works for me without Flash installed.
Yes, tried that too (disabling Flash). I think Flash is needed only to refresh Captcha for another code?

It's hit or miss with PM4linux. I've had 2-3 'successes' out of maybe 20+ attempts. Extensions enable/disabled really don't seem to matter on whether the code is accepted or not? If I enter the correct Captcha code on the first try sometimes it works. If instead I refresh for a new Captcha code before entering, it almost certainly will fail. Weird?

mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mozart78 » 2015-05-29, 09:30

trava90 wrote:Possibly try disabling Flash temporarily? The captcha works for me without Flash installed.
Yes, this is some kind of solution but is inconvenient. We always can open another browser too but that's not the idea.

@martywd, thank you for the support :)