Can't log on to Youtube

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
FreddyP

Can't log on to Youtube

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-25, 02:27

Whenever I try to log on to Youtube it refuses to accept my password.

To test the password, I logged on via Chromium with no problem using that password, and very carefully triple-checked that I was typing it correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

ikar-us

Re: Can't log on to Youtube

Unread post by ikar-us » 2015-05-25, 11:48

Have you imported things from Chrome?
When I first installed PM and imported hings,
I found that this blocked access to some sites.
(Perhaps these sites get suspicious when a changed browser presents saved login credentials.)
Had to delete the cookies from these sites.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-25, 15:35

It WORKSFORME..

Tharn

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-05-25, 15:52

Do you have cookies enabled? All scripts allowed to run? (NoScript, RequestPolicy, uBlock dynamic filters etc.)

FreddyP

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-26, 03:23

ikar-us wrote:Have you imported things from Chrome?
No, nor from Firefox - the import tool only seems to work on Windows.
Tharn wrote:Do you have cookies enabled? All scripts allowed to run? (NoScript, RequestPolicy, uBlock dynamic filters etc.)
I've disabled all my add-ons - no change. :-(

Weird!!

And weirder still - I can sign into Google without any trouble (I'm trying to sign in to Youtube using my Google account). So the password's definitely right. From Google, clicking on the Apps button and selecting Youtube should take me straight to Youtube and sign in automatically, but in Pale Moon, it just takes me to the general Youtube page with the Sign In button.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-26, 14:02

Have you tried clearing your cookies? cross-domain single-signon with Google regularly breaks, regardless of browser, and clearing your google/site cookies tends to fix those issues.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

FreddyP

Unread post by FreddyP » 2015-05-27, 05:58

Moonchild wrote:Have you tried clearing your cookies? cross-domain single-signon with Google regularly breaks, regardless of browser, and clearing your google/site cookies tends to fix those issues.
That did it!!! :thumbup:

Thank you!!!

Edit:

Damn! No, it didn't! I was signed in, and then it immediately signed me out!

Edit2:

I went through the routine to change my password. The change was accepted. I went straight back to Youtube, tried to sign in, and it sent me straight back to the "oops" page!!! :thumbdown:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-31, 13:22

I'm sorry to hear you continue having issues. I'd direct you to the people in the know (Google account help) but I'm not sure if they would even bother to respond.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite