Can't log on to Youtube

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

FreddyP

Can't log on to Youtube

Unread postby FreddyP » Mon, 25 May 2015, 02:27

Whenever I try to log on to Youtube it refuses to accept my password.

To test the password, I logged on via Chromium with no problem using that password, and very carefully triple-checked that I was typing it correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

ikar-us
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Can't log on to Youtube

Unread postby ikar-us » Mon, 25 May 2015, 11:48

Have you imported things from Chrome?
When I first installed PM and imported hings,
I found that this blocked access to some sites.
(Perhaps these sites get suspicious when a changed browser presents saved login credentials.)
Had to delete the cookies from these sites.

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread postby New Tobin Paradigm » Mon, 25 May 2015, 15:35

It WORKSFORME..

== We got to install microwave ovens / Custom kitchen deliveries / We got to move these refrigerators / We got to move these color TVs ==
http://binaryoutcast.com/ | http://thereisonlyxul.org/

Tharn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby Tharn » Mon, 25 May 2015, 15:52

Do you have cookies enabled? All scripts allowed to run? (NoScript, RequestPolicy, uBlock dynamic filters etc.)

FreddyP

Unread postby FreddyP » Tue, 26 May 2015, 03:23

ikar-us wrote:Have you imported things from Chrome?

No, nor from Firefox - the import tool only seems to work on Windows.

Tharn wrote:Do you have cookies enabled? All scripts allowed to run? (NoScript, RequestPolicy, uBlock dynamic filters etc.)

I've disabled all my add-ons - no change. :-(

Weird!!

And weirder still - I can sign into Google without any trouble (I'm trying to sign in to Youtube using my Google account). So the password's definitely right. From Google, clicking on the Apps button and selecting Youtube should take me straight to Youtube and sign in automatically, but in Pale Moon, it just takes me to the general Youtube page with the Sign In button.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:02

Have you tried clearing your cookies? cross-domain single-signon with Google regularly breaks, regardless of browser, and clearing your google/site cookies tends to fix those issues.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

FreddyP

Unread postby FreddyP » Wed, 27 May 2015, 05:58

Moonchild wrote:Have you tried clearing your cookies? cross-domain single-signon with Google regularly breaks, regardless of browser, and clearing your google/site cookies tends to fix those issues.

That did it!!! :thumbup:

Thank you!!!

Edit:

Damn! No, it didn't! I was signed in, and then it immediately signed me out!

Edit2:

I went through the routine to change my password. The change was accepted. I went straight back to Youtube, tried to sign in, and it sent me straight back to the "oops" page!!! :thumbdown:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Sun, 31 May 2015, 13:22

I'm sorry to hear you continue having issues. I'd direct you to the people in the know (Google account help) but I'm not sure if they would even bother to respond.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”