[SOLVED] Transporting bookmarks

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
14themoon

[SOLVED] Transporting bookmarks

Unread post by 14themoon » 2015-05-08, 14:22

I am a newbie to Pale Moon. What I would like to know is how to transport my bookmarks from SeaMonkey to Pale Moon? There must be a simple way to do this but I've been unable to find it. Than you!
Last edited by trava90 on 2015-05-09, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked SOLVED

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Transporting bookmarks

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-08, 15:03

Simplest way is to to to the Library and export bookmarks as html. Then simply import them.

14themoon

Unread post by 14themoon » 2015-05-08, 17:22

Thank you...how do you get to the library and then how do you transfer the bookmarks as html? Not sure where the library would be on my system. Thank you.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-08, 17:30

Go to your bookmarks manager (Try Organize Bookmarks) and it should have an export button or menu item (Maybe called import and backup). Will drop down and say Export bookmarks to HTML. Then repeat the process on Pale Moon but choosing Import bookmarks from html.

14themoon

Unread post by 14themoon » 2015-05-09, 13:06

Excelsior! You are amazing, Matt! Thank you, thank you! As I said, I am new to Pale Moon but so far I'm impressed with it. It was one thing after another with Firefox and SeaMonkey isn't a whole lot better. Does Pale Moon automatically inform you when there are system updates?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-09, 16:54

It will notify you of Pale Moon updates and Add-on updates (Browser updates are by default.. Inform but not install until you decide but add-on updates are automatic.. This of course can be changed to your liking.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: [SOLVED] Transporting bookmarks

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-05-09, 20:06

Note that on Linux you will not be notified of new versions. Keep an eye on the forum for announcements when new versions are released, or you can periodically use the "Update Pale Moon" option in the installer to check.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: [SOLVED] Transporting bookmarks

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-09, 20:37

Off-topic:
This is the linux board.. Who knew :lol: