Bug: "Open [folder] in tabs"

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Unix Ronin

Bug: "Open [folder] in tabs"

Unread post by Unix Ronin » 2015-03-15, 16:23

I seem to have discovered a bug in bookmark management.

What I did:
I have a Games folder on my bookmark bar which contains a Minecraft sub-folder. I created a new sub-folder within that folder, moved five bookmarks into it, then selected Open All In Tabs for that sub-folder only.

What I expected to happen, based upon Firefox behavior, and based upon my configured preference to open bookmarks in new tabs, was to have five new tabs opened next to the current open tab.

What ACTUALLY happened: PaleMoon tried to load the first page into the tab I was using. (I was in a discussion on an IRC support channel, and clicked "Stay on page".) The titles of four tabs to the right of the current tab changed to the titles of the other four pages I wanted opened. ALL of the 20 or so other un-pinned tabs were closed. When I actually clicked on each remaining tab, it reloaded to the contents of the page it had previously been.

This is PaleMoon 25.2.1 (x64) on Gentoo Linux.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Bug: "Open [folder] in tabs"

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-15, 16:56

I tried to reproduce this problem (on Windows, but that shouldn't matter since it's front-end code and OS-independent) and it worked as it should. Open all in tabs, both from context menu on the folder and from the choice in the actual folder, opened all-new tabs to the right of the active tab.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Bug: "Open [folder] in tabs"

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-03-15, 17:57

Moonchild wrote:I tried to reproduce this problem (on Windows, but that shouldn't matter since it's front-end code and OS-independent) and it worked as it should. Open all in tabs, both from context menu on the folder and from the choice in the actual folder, opened all-new tabs to the right of the active tab.
I tried to reprodue as well, and got the same results as Moonchild on x64 Linux.