Any plans to add Pale Moon browser various Repositories?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fidelis

Any plans to add Pale Moon browser various Repositories?

Unread post by fidelis » 2015-03-11, 15:54

I just wanted to know if there are any plans to add Pale Moon browser to the Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint Repositories? It would make installing it a great deal easier.

-fidelis

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Any plans to add Pale Moon browser various Repositories?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-11, 18:45

fidelis wrote:I just wanted to know if you have any plans to add the Linux version of Pale Moon browser to the Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint repositories. If not would you consider it?
Repository/package maintainers are free to add unaltered versions of the Linux browser to their repositories. Noncommercial, Open Source operating systems are exempt from binary destribution limitations if the browser is otherwise not materially changed or reconfigured.

Please see the redistribution license: http://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml specifically point 8.

I personally do not have the time or expertise to properly create and maintain distribution packages for the plethora of different flavors of Linux; that will have to be done by dedicated maintainers intimately familiar with the target OS. It's an open invitation to anyone wishing this addition to step up and take on the task.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite