[Solved] UserChrome.css

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Joel Cairo

[Solved] UserChrome.css

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-02-26, 01:12

Really dislike the redesign at The Register! In Windows I use a modified userchrome.css to remove the over-size image at the top of the home page. I just copied the Chrome folder to my PM 4 Linux profile folder and it makes no difference, the image is still there. I wouldn't have thought it would be Windows-specific. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

Cheers!

Shane

(or Joel. Take your pick).

squarefractal

Re: UserChrome.css

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-02-26, 02:13

The actual name of the file is userChrome.css and not UserChrome.css, so please rename the file ;)

Note that filenames in Linux are case-sensitive unlike Windows, so userChrome.css and userchrome.css are not the same.

Joel Cairo

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-02-26, 02:51

Interesting. Yes, I thought it was userChrome.css, but went back into the folder to check before I posted and saw that it was - and is (I'm in Windows now) UserChrome.css. So you're implying that it didn't work in Mint because of the case?
I'll check tomorrow (and change it).
Thanks for the reply. And, I'm pretty sure, the answer.

Now to check out your response to my other Linux PM question.

Shane

Joel Cairo

Unread post by Joel Cairo » 2015-02-26, 15:50

So, renamed userChrome.css, still no joy 'til it struck me the folder should be 'chrome', not 'Chrome', Da-daa!

Thanks again.

Shane