Flash Player issues

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
nanoxorg

Flash Player issues

Unread post by nanoxorg » 2015-02-24, 02:13

Hi guys :)
Somedays ago I installed Slackware 14.1 on my old laptop and it worked like a charm! After some time using I felt the need and started ricing the OS, palemoon is my default browser in another 2 windows stations(x64), then I decided give a chance to in my new workstation. The problem started when Flash Player was requested, it doesn't work.

Someone experiencing the same problem? On Firefox works well but I don't wanna use it, I don't feel OK after switching from to pm. I tried both flash versions i386 and x86_64. It doesn't even appear as insatalled at plugin list. Thanks :thumbup:

Makitk

Re: Flash Player issues

Unread post by Makitk » 2015-02-24, 11:19

nanoxorg wrote:Hi guys :)
Somedays ago I installed Slackware 14.1 on my old laptop and it worked like a charm! After some time using I felt the need and started ricing the OS, palemoon is my default browser in another 2 windows stations(x64), then I decided give a chance to in my new workstation. The problem started when Flash Player was requested, it doesn't work.

Someone experiencing the same problem? On Firefox works well but I don't wanna use it, I don't feel OK after switching from to pm. I tried both flash versions i386 and x86_64. It doesn't even appear as insatalled at plugin list. Thanks :thumbup:
Adobe stopped Flashplayer support for Linux for versions above 11.2.x.
The only available flashplayer is incorporated into Chrome/Chromium and is called Pepperflash, which is listed in this forum in a different thread as attempts are being made to have Pepperflash work with Firefox and Pale Moon.

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-02-24, 12:01

Makitk wrote:Adobe stopped Flashplayer support for Linux for versions above 11.2.x.
The only available flashplayer is incorporated into Chrome/Chromium and is called Pepperflash, which is listed in this forum in a different thread as attempts are being made to have Pepperflash work with Firefox and Pale Moon.
That's just partially true, you can still get 11.2 updated by Adobe for security. It is still supported and used by many distros but there is no further development.
nanoxorg wrote:The problem started when Flash Player was requested, it doesn't work.
Have you tried this
http://sourceforge.net/p/pm4linux/wiki/ ... xtensions/

nanoxorg

Unread post by nanoxorg » 2015-02-27, 03:06

SvenG wrote:
Makitk wrote:Adobe stopped Flashplayer support for Linux for versions above 11.2.x.
That's just partially true, you can still get 11.2 updated by Adobe for security. It is still supported and used by many distros but there is no further development.
nanoxorg wrote:The problem started when Flash Player was requested, it doesn't work.
Have you tried this
http://sourceforge.net/p/pm4linux/wiki/ ... xtensions/
Yeah, already tried. It doesn't work. I'll try again then. Thanks.
Makitk wrote:
nanoxorg wrote:Hi guys :)

Adobe stopped Flashplayer support for Linux for versions above 11.2.x.
I saw that. I remember about support drop from Linux. Anyway, security updates are still available. :think:

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-02-27, 09:21

nanoxorg wrote:Yeah, already tried. It doesn't work. I'll try again then. Thanks.
Especially this part:
[You] can export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=<path1>:<path2>... and run Pale Moon after this.
You can put these export statements in /etc/profile, should you need them to have effect for all users.
So, add the following line to /etc/profile:

Code: Select all

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
BTW, it would be nice if Pale Moon would try to read the plugins from /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins and then try with /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-02-28, 18:24

For installing pepperflash for Pale Moon in Slackware, you might try installing the Fresh Player Plugin. I use Fresh Player in Linux Mint, with no issues. For Ubuntu/Linux Mint only, installation of the Fresh Player Plugin may be easier from the ppa here, or from the deb package here. Note that for the Fresh Player Plugin to work requires that Google Chrome also has been installed.