Cannot Get Flashbock Youtube Fix To Work in PM 25.1

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
LambdaFox

Cannot Get Flashbock Youtube Fix To Work in PM 25.1

Unread post by LambdaFox » 2015-02-01, 23:54

I am using PM 25.1 on Ubuntu GNOME 14.04. I am trying this fix to get flashblock and youtube working again.

When I tried it, there was no Chrome folder in my mozilla profile folder. I created that with Thunar and created the css file in there. This is not working for me. Has anyone gotten this to work? I am wondering if I need to do something different since I am using PM 25.1 on Ubuntu... :crazy:

Crystallas

Re: Cannot Get Flashbock Youtube Fix To Work in PM 25.1

Unread post by Crystallas » 2015-02-02, 02:07

You want to go to ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/ to see your profile. Using Thunar and most file navs, just Ctrl+H to show .hidden folders or you should be able to right click in the right pane of any navigator to see a "Show hidden folders" of some sort pop in there.

Couple of suggestions. You should consider Updating Palemoon to 25.2.1, and adblock latitude will do what flashblock does, and it is better supported.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Cannot Get Flashbock Youtube Fix To Work in PM 25.1

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-02-02, 08:21

Crystallas wrote:You should consider Updating Palemoon to 25.2.1, and adblock latitude will do what flashblock does, and it is better supported.
Yes, this would be your solution.