[Solved] Adobe Flashplayer not updated in PM, Mint 13

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Adobe Flashplayer not updated in PM, Linux Mint 13

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-01-30, 21:24

Please just pull a new version of the blocklist - I've reverted the plugins section to a known working state. Not recommended to disable the blocklist outright, because of gfx drivers and extensions on it as well that could cause trouble if not blocked.

You can always also try to go into the profile folder, and delete "pluginreg.dat" (with Pale Moon closed). It will be regenerated, and should have the correct versions then if that is the only version on your system.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

DanielR

[Solved] Adobe Flashplayer not updated in PM, Mint 13

Unread post by DanielR » 2015-01-31, 06:29

Thanks. Deleting pluginreg.dat and blocklist.xml did the trick.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: [Solved] Adobe Flashplayer not updated in PM, Mint 13

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-01-31, 13:21

I had an update from the Mint Update Manager, just now, informing me of the 440 plugin for Steam was now available for Mint (17). So I now have the "regular" 440 plugin and also the 440 plugin for Steam which I confirmed via the Synaptic Package Manager.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox