Silverlight and Netflix under Palemoon in Linux!!!

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Jaaday

Silverlight and Netflix under Palemoon in Linux!!!

Unread post by Jaaday » 2015-01-11, 09:51

The Wne-Compholio project has now been transformed in the Pipelight project, they have a new form of his customized Wine called Wine-Staging, and a custom wrapper called Ppelight, I installed all 5 packages, booted up Palemoon and Silverlight 5.1 was install and configured. I then overrode my user string to show I was on "windows-firefox"(using User Agent Overrider 0.2.4 extension). and on the first try, Netflix booted right up and spent the evening watching James Bond, From Russia with Love. Now guys and gals, we can have Slverlight and the last Pepperflash (my prev post) in Palemoon under Linux. Can I get a Happy New Year

http://www.compholio.com/netflix-desktop/
or
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pipelight/stable
sudo apt-get update
Then install wine-stage and pipelight, for your build using your preferred method
Attachments
addon.png
synaptic.png

Jaaday

Re: Silverlight and Netflix under Palemoon in Linux!!!

Unread post by Jaaday » 2015-01-12, 00:43

Wine Staging/Pipelight also allows you to use Adobe Shockwave

http://pipelight.net/cms/plugin-shockwave.html
Attachments
addon.png

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-01-12, 10:35

Nice! It's great that Linux users aren't stuck using Chrome anymore in order to have the newest version of Flash, watch Netflix, etc.

SivaMachina

Unread post by SivaMachina » 2015-02-02, 07:21

I am familler eith Pipelight..but I much rather use Chrome for Netflix then...Silverlight...

Crystallas

Unread post by Crystallas » 2015-02-02, 18:12

SivaMachina wrote:I am familler eith Pipelight..but I much rather use Chrome for Netflix then...Silverlight...
Agreed. Avoiding Mono dependencies like the plague. Chromium with useragent will also work. Any wrapper that avoids mono will be my friend :)

SivaMachina

Unread post by SivaMachina » 2015-02-03, 02:21

I thought Chromium lacked the DRM for Netflix html5.