Why not refer PDF files to an external application

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dougmack

Why not refer PDF files to an external application

Unread post by dougmack » 2015-01-02, 06:39

You have a section in which you refer to certain types of received files--frequently as attachments, to the application that will open them, but there is no
preference for PDFs. I would like to see the heading, at least, provided, so that the user (me) could select the application the PDF should be opened with. In my case, it would be Master PDF Editor, but many other users might prefer Okular or Foxit Reader, something else. But at least make the choice available.

Thanx--doug

Supernova

Re: Why not refer PDF files to an external application

Unread post by Supernova » 2015-01-02, 12:31

PDF doc type already belongs to the list in Options > Applications. Are you sure it isn't there for you ?

desert_dweller

Unread post by desert_dweller » 2015-01-06, 00:03

To chime in here, I do not have an option for .pdf (or any iteration thereof) in my Options > Applications > Content Type menu. I'd love to fix this so that I can set Pale Moon to automatically have a document open in a separate viewer when downloading.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2015-01-06, 03:34

I missed the OS in question. But is supposed that the browser looks the registered apps either Gnome or KDE like in Windows style. Had you configured correctly your PDF visor? It should open any PDF at double click in the file viewer.