Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
11ryanc
Fanatic
Fanatic

Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-11, 00:23

Composing this thread out of pure curiosity, being a partial Linux user myself. Are there any known distrobutions that ship with this web browser as the standard? From my past experience, the majority I've come across use Firefox as the default. Occasionally Chromium. I've never seen a distro that uses PM. Now being open source, anyone can fork or create 3rd party builds. (Pale Moon licensing varying, of course)
Do any official releases, containing PM exist at this time?
Last edited by 11ryanc on 2014-12-11, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Post by Moonchild » 2014-12-11, 00:28

At least Tahrpup
Actually had another thread about that and resulting redist license changes. Since I didn't hear of any other distro maintainers before then, I don't think others use PM as part of their distro packages. They do have this freedom now, though (provided it's fully open source and free).
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

11ryanc
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Known Distros To Contain Pale Moon?

Post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-11, 00:38

Moonchild wrote:At least Tahrpup
Actually had another thread about that and resulting redist license changes. Since I didn't hear of any other distro maintainers before then, I don't think others use PM as part of their distro packages. They do have this freedom now, though (provided it's fully open source and free).
I've actually come across quite a few Pale Moon users on Linux, single forum alone. So it's definitely not unknown to the Linux community. I suppose devs are accustomed to being Mozilla powered.
As far as redist license goes, I'll go have a peek at that now.