Last Session will not Load

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mtbvfr

Last Session will not Load

Unread post by mtbvfr » 2014-12-07, 15:20

Hi All,

I started Pale Moon (241.7.2 x64) this morning and the last session did not load as per normal.

Looking at the output in the Error Console, I found the following but I can't find this._initialState.windows[0] within the backed up sessionstore.js file (sessionstore.bak).

Code: Select all

SessionStore: The session file is invalid: TypeError: this._initialState.windows[0] is undefined
When Pale Moon started it renamed sessionstore.js to sessionstore.bak and created a new empty sessionstore.js.

Thanks, Michael.

mtbvfr

Re: Last Session will not Load

Unread post by mtbvfr » 2014-12-08, 03:08

Another thing I noticed is that when I close Pale Moon, I am not being prompted with the usual dialogue that asks you if want to save the Tabs etc.

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-12-08, 09:19

Did it get that right, it worked before (in PM 24.7.2) and from one day to another it stopped working (in PM 24.7.2) without any obvious changes from you (installed or updated something browser related, etc.)? Do you use Pale Moons built-in session manager or an addon?

For troubleshooting you could create a new blank profile using the profile manager.

mtbvfr

Unread post by mtbvfr » 2014-12-08, 13:54

SvenG wrote:Did it get that right, it worked before (in PM 24.7.2) and from one day to another it stopped working (in PM 24.7.2) without any obvious changes from you (installed or updated something browser related, etc.)? Do you use Pale Moons built-in session manager or an addon?

For troubleshooting you could create a new blank profile using the profile manager.
Hi Sven,

Yes, that's correct, no changes made by me.

I closed Pale Moon the night before and when I opened it yesterday morning, it didn't load up the previously used tabs.

I have been using the built-in session manager. I have yet to get around to installing the Session Manger add-on that I was previously using with Firefox.

Thanks, Michael.

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-12-08, 16:19

If you want to install an addon for session management I think it is best you try that first, if the problem still exists afterwards we can have a closer look into it.