"Invalid Version" error due to stalled update

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
sqelch7
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

"Invalid Version" error due to stalled update

Post by sqelch7 » 2014-10-23, 21:23

Linux Ubuntu 14.04 on old C2Duo DG33FB, stalled on PM update to v25.01 @76%. Attempt to run pminstaller script resulted in "INVALID VERSION" and would not download until I shut all systems down and restarted router and comcast modem. ALL MY BOXES (1-XP, 1-Win7, 1-ATOM Ubuntu) FAILED TO RESOLVE DNS after this mishap and had to be rebooted. All on same IP. Not complaining, just curious. Oddly it burped again at 76% the 2nd time - but then continued after pause. Running beaut now - no prob, thx

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: "Invalid Version" error due to stalled update

Post by Moonchild » 2014-10-24, 07:08

Sounds to me like you had a network interruption that confused the installer. Might have been on the Sourceforge side?
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose