Dayglow Cursor?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
sqelch7

Dayglow Cursor?

Unread post by sqelch7 » 2014-10-08, 16:53

The standard Ubuntu white cursor is often nearly invisible on variegated backgrounds. I've changed my Ubuntu cursor theme to "Red Glass", but it reverts to white while traversing the browser. Is there an about:config setting to modify the cursor to a higher level of visibility in a PM-Linux browser window?

access2godzilla

Re: Dayglow Cursor?

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-10-09, 05:11

This should definitely NOT be happening and more likely to have to do something with the cursor theme itself. Does this happen with other cursor themes as well?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-09, 07:16

Depending on how the theme is implemented, you could try working around it by setting ui.use_activity_cursor to true since it will use system cursors for different states of the browser.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

sqelch7

Unread post by sqelch7 » 2014-10-09, 21:10

access2godzilla wrote:This should definitely NOT be happening and more likely to have to do something with the cursor theme itself. Does this happen with other cursor themes as well?
I did not try other optional cursor themes but MOONCHILD (other reply) suggests it is a normal condition and suggests a work around. I noticed that the cursor reverts to WHITE on all application windows, not just browser, excepting it remains RED in the upper segment of the toolbars and menus, so a universal solution is needed.

sqelch7

Unread post by sqelch7 » 2014-10-09, 21:34

Thanks but No Joy - ui.use toggle-true does not keep cursor theme consistent across browser / application windows. Maybe there is a third party util for this. I'll keep digging. This problem is not critial but annoying when full screen viewing 8-10 ft from LCD-TV.