Crash when (context) menu or tab list appears under KDE

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
notargets

Crash when (context) menu or tab list appears under KDE

Unread post by notargets » 2014-10-07, 18:55

Hello everyone!

I have installed Pale Moon 24.7.2 x64 from the Arch User Repository through the palemoon-bin package under Manjaro KDE edition. Each time I right click anywhere to bring the context menu up or on the menu bar or on ‘List All Tabs’, Pale Moon crashes. The terminal output is the following:

Code: Select all

###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /root/Projects/palemoon/Pale-Moon/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /root/Projects/palemoon/Pale-Moon/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
Szegmentálási hiba (core készült)
I managed to make it not crash on a single occasion, but the background of all the menus and the list of tabs was completely transparent, making it difficult to read the text in them.

The only way to avoid the crash the crash is launch by the following command (I found this tip for replacing the GTK theme on stackexchange):

Code: Select all

env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Simple/gtk-2.0/gtkrc palemoon
However, this GTK theme is not pretty at all. So I wonder if this issue could be fixed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Crash when (context) menu or tab list appears under KDE

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-07, 20:12

More oxygen-GTK issues, I bet? Sounds at least exactly like the other threads in this board discussing this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

notargets

Re: Crash when (context) menu or tab list appears under KDE

Unread post by notargets » 2014-10-07, 20:47

Yes, and sorry for not looking carefully enough. You can delete my post if you like or can.