[Solved] Classic download manager??

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Privacy

[Solved] Classic download manager??

Unread post by Privacy » 2014-09-24, 15:58

hello

i have noticed, that the classic download manager is gone. When i download anything then appears the downloads window (with the last downloads) like Firefox. Why you have disabled the classic download manager? I thought, that you won't change anything in the the classic GUI (and features)???

Greets
Last edited by Moonchild on 2014-09-25, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Solved

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Classic download manager??

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-24, 16:09

@Privacy

The classic Download Manager is "not" gone. It's still there. I use it and prefer it over the download arrow.

In your Navigation/Address Bar, type "about:config" (without the quotation marks) and press your Enter key. In the Search Bar that appears, type in "browser.download.useToolkitUI" (without the quotation marks). When the preference name appears, double left click it to set it from false to......true.

The old classic download manager will now be enabled.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2014-09-24, 16:38

FWIW, an alternate way to reconfigure for the 'Classic...' would be through 'Pale Moon Status Bar Preferences' ==> 'Pale Moon|Preferences|Status Bar options...'

Then. Click on 'Download' at the top of the 'Pale Moon status bar preferences' window and down a the bottom, click to tick the 'Use classic download window' option.

Privacy

Unread post by Privacy » 2014-09-24, 19:45

In the statusbar options is "classic download window" selected. Also in about:config is browser.download.useToolkitUI true.

But no classic download manager.

Sorry for my bad english.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-24, 20:55

@Privacy

Both of the methods mentioned work so you have a problem somewhere in Pale Moon. Moonchild may have to chime in here.

The only thing I can suggest is to try a new profile.

Edit: Just thought of this. Have you installed an add-on which deals with a download manager? If so, that may cause a conflict.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2014-09-24, 21:40

Something else to double check...

Be sure that the option in '(Pale Moon) Preferences'): 'Show the Downloads window when downloading a file' is TICKED
Attachments
Downloads1.jpg

Privacy

Unread post by Privacy » 2014-09-25, 00:37

Thanks for the answers!

Sorry, i had the classic downloadmanager different in mind. I tought the old downloadmanager shows only the current download without to show the other downloads in the past. :mrgreen:

My mistake. Sorry! The useless thread can you delete. Thanks!