[Solved] When is Palemoon 24.7.2 free for download?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Privacy

[Solved] When is Palemoon 24.7.2 free for download?

Unread post by Privacy » 2014-09-11, 15:56

If I go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/ i found only 24.7.1 as newest version.

Greets

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: When is Palemoon 24.7.2 free for download?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-11, 16:44

Pale Moon for Linux is a third party build and may lag behind a little. The Linux maintainer said he got injured and is recovering, but will do his best to work on it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Privacy

Unread post by Privacy » 2014-09-11, 16:50

Thanks for answer.

I will stay by Firefox ESR 24.8.0 until Palemoon 24.7.2 is free for download.

Greets

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-11, 21:48

Privacy wrote:Thanks for answer.

I will stay by Firefox ESR 24.8.0 until Palemoon 24.7.2 is free for download.

Greets
If you want to stick with a basically stagnant browser. Security wise there is very little difference between Firefox ESR24.8 and Pale Moon 24.7.1 (due to ESR31 taking priority) However overall Pale Moon 24.7.1 is far more advanced. So I would recommend you go head and make the switch.

Privacy

Unread post by Privacy » 2014-09-12, 10:17

Are you mean that Pale Moon 24.7.1 is safer than Firefox 24.8?

But for Pale Moon 24.7.1 there are a new update with security fixes but for Firefox 24.8 there are not yet update.

Sorry for my bad english.

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2014-09-14, 16:45

Privacy wrote:If I go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/ i found only 24.7.1 as newest version.
I noticed yesterday that 24.7.2 for Linux is available now ==> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/. Installed the 64-bit version on three machines, the 32-bit version on one machine using the latest pminstaller (pminstaller-0.1.5). All seems good...

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-14, 18:42

martywd wrote:I noticed yesterday that 24.7.2 for Linux is available now ==> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/.
Since I use linux Pale Moon, I did not know this version was available since it was not announced on this site. Thanks for the heads-up. :D
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2014-09-14, 19:33

Night Wing wrote:
martywd wrote:I noticed yesterday that 24.7.2 for Linux is available now ==> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/files/.
Since I use linux Pale Moon, I did not know this version was available since it was not announced on this site. Thanks for the heads-up. :D
Heah, you are welcome! FWIW, I hesitated a bit before posting about the Linux PM 24.7.2 update. Since there wasn't an 'annoucement', I thought maybe the DEVs wanted it kept a secret? ;-)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-14, 21:34

martywd wrote:Since I use linux Pale Moon, I did not know this version was available since it was not announced on this site. Thanks for the heads-up. :D
Heah, you are welcome! FWIW, I hesitated a bit before posting about the Linux PM 24.7.2 update. Since there wasn't an 'annoucement', I thought maybe the DEVs wanted it kept a secret? ;-)
.[/quote]
Off-topic:
Since the maintainer of linux Pale Moon was injured, he was probably more concerned about getting the newest version finished and uploaded to Sourceforge. Maybe he just forgot about announcing it since he's probably focused on his recovery.

BTW, I wish Cyansmoker a speedy recovery.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox