[SOLVED] H.264-decoding gstreamer plugin doesn't work

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
longcao

[SOLVED] H.264-decoding gstreamer plugin doesn't work

Unread post by longcao » 2014-07-03, 16:03

Today I try palemoon for the 1st time. After installing version 24.6.2-1 on an Arch Linux i686 system (from palemoon-bin package in AUR), my impression is totally amazing and satisfying. Really love this browser.

However, html5 videos using codec h.264 do not play at all. I've set the option media.gstreamer.enabled to true. Package gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins used for h.264 and mp3 decoding is already installed.

I use these sites to test: https://www.youtube.com/html5 and http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html

Could someone help me plz? :( This must have worked without any problem, so I guess perhaps it's because of the browser or the package itself. Should I compile the source package?
Last edited by longcao on 2014-07-03, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

access2godzilla

Re: H.264-decoding gstreamer plugin doesn't work

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-07-03, 18:01

You probably need the gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg to be installed.

longcao

Re: H.264-decoding gstreamer plugin doesn't work

Unread post by longcao » 2014-07-03, 18:16

access2godzilla wrote:You probably need the gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg to be installed.
Poor me, last time I've tried gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg, but didn't restart the browser so no change was applied. Now everything works like a charm.

I would notify the Arch packager of such dependency, and mark this thread as [SOLVED]. Thanks a lot access2godzilla, you save my day :thumbup: Now I can go to sleep happily.