Issues with Pale Moon and Opensuse x86_64

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
famewolf

Issues with Pale Moon and Opensuse x86_64

Unread post by famewolf » 2014-06-22, 16:07

Transparent menu's on Opensuse PM4Linux
Transparent menu's on Opensuse PM4Linux
I'm running into some fairly serious issues with PM4Linux on an opensuse tumbleweed (13.1) x86_64 laptop. This is particularly frustrating since the identical pale moon build is running rock solid on a ubuntu based laptop. Currently the two most annoying issues are:

1) It dies....it dies if you breath on it funny. It dies randomly when you click on anything including just trying to configure settings for an extension. The only output from THAT crash I have is:

Code: Select all

(pale moon:3574): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /root/Projects/palemoon/Pale-Moon/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /root/Projects/palemoon/Pale-Moon/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
Segmentation fault
2) When started all the drop down menu's are transparent which makes them pretty much impossible to read. Screenshot attached. I can go play with the gtk2 and gtk3 themes and the problem with the menu goes away...until the program dies and gets restarted where it shows up transparent again.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. It's running wonderfully on lxle.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Re: Issues with Pale Moon and Opensuse x86_64

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-06-22, 21:22

Have you tried changing the GTK2 theme?

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4151

famewolf

Unread post by famewolf » 2014-06-23, 04:25

I'm pretty sure the gtk2 theme is set to "Default" and the gtk3 theme is sent to adwaita but I'll confirm when I'm next on the laptop and change it if oxygen-gtk is being used. I'll have to see what "Default" points to. Thanks for the reply. I'm using KDE as the primary DE so the gtk themes are not something I normally fool with.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-06-23, 12:37

You're welcome. When I first installed PM4Linux on a SolydK system, I also ran into problems. In my case, changing the GTK2 theme from 'oxygen-gtk' to another theme did the trick. (I now use 'kde42-oxygen', but any theme other than 'oxygen-gtk' should work.)

cyansmoker

Unread post by cyansmoker » 2014-06-26, 07:17

Does it crash at random times or does it seem correlated to opening menus?

famewolf

Unread post by famewolf » 2014-06-26, 19:42

It seemed to be random but as suggested changing the gtk theme seemed to do the trick. I'm on PM now with no issues.