Errors compiling PM from source

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Errors compiling PM from source

Unread postby Moonchild » Sat, 14 Jun 2014, 00:29

jjacky wrote:
Moonchild wrote:If you are building a package for official redistribution, please do not change the official feature set or included modules.

Is there such a list (of options to use/not to use) to build PM somewhere?

You can get the list by looking at the official browser's about:buildconfig and I've also outlined them in the build instructions on this forum, but I'll re-iterate here, for sake of ease.

This is the current disabled feature flags set for official mainline builds (24.6):

Code: Select all

--disable-crashreporter
--disable-accessibility
--disable-parental-controls
--disable-maintenance-service
--disable-webrtc
--disable-websms-backend
--disable-windows-mobile-components
--disable-metro

Official builds also use the following additional flags (some are already defaults in the source code but still stated explicitly as a leftover from past changes by Mozilla):

Code: Select all

--with-distribution-id=Palemoon
--enable-official-branding
--enable-jemalloc
--enable-chrome-format=omni
--enable-strip
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Artiom

Unread postby Artiom » Mon, 16 Jun 2014, 07:25

Ok, I will take into account all this for the next package. Will try to compile with 4.9 this week.

Artiom

Unread postby Artiom » Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 08:29

jjacky wrote:I was able to compile pale moon on Arch (x64) w/ gcc-4.9 just fine (well, almost, but unrelated), as along as I removed -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -- maybe try removing it from your CPPFLAGS.

I tried with clang, and with gcc 4.9. No difference, the same error about types. However clang works much faster!
How did you remove -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 ?
I greped it in the sources and found nothing :wtf: The error is during configure step.

Artiom

Unread postby Artiom » Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 12:17

Thank you a lot! I passed configure cap and if compilation is ok, I will update AUR this evening.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”