pminstaller 0.1.4 issue?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
TheRealShane

pminstaller 0.1.4 issue?

Unread post by TheRealShane » 2014-06-07, 14:08

Hi,

I run Windows 7, 8.1, and Linux Mint 16 KDE on the metal here, and various VMs including Mint 16 Xfce and Mint 17 Cinnamon. Updated to PM 24.6.0 no problem in Windows, and in the Mint VMs dragged pminstaller 0.1.4 across, run pminstaller.sh and updated PM in those no problem.

In Mint 16 KDE nothing happens. I execute pminstaller.sh, enter my password, and zilch. Do it again and I get the message the installer is already running. There is no HDD activity. Rebooting and trying again doesn't help.

It's this kind of thing makes me wonder why I bother with Linux.

Any ideas?

Shane

TheRealShane

Re: pminstaller 0.1.4 issue?

Unread post by TheRealShane » 2014-06-07, 18:06

The 0.1.2 version doesn't work, either. So now I've formatted the Mint KDE partition. Downloading Cinnamon 64-bit (the VM version being 32) to replace it. Means I'll have to remember how to get the wireless adapter working again!

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2014-06-07, 18:37

Try to run the installer from terminal and post the output here.

admin: move this to linux board.

TheRealShane

Unread post by TheRealShane » 2014-06-08, 17:24

Hi jumba

Thanks for responding - but it's not there anymore. I'm using Cinnamon now, about at the end of stage one setting up (installing the 3rd party stuff. Just installed VMWare and VirtualBox).

pminstaller.sh runs fine.

I do still have an image of the KDE installation, so I might restore it just to get that output. In which case I'd better boot back to Windows and make a fresh image first!

Shane