[Solved]Installer doesn't work on Stella

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
access2godzilla

[Solved]Installer doesn't work on Stella

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-31, 11:23

user wayne128 via PM:
I have no issue installing palemoon-linux on many distros, such as Debian vanilla, Debian base, ubuntu base.. still playing...

Both method,
1 copy the PM folder, click to open directory, click the PM icon to run PM works for several distros.
2. run pminstaller.sh, with chmod +x, ./pminstaller.sh...

Now for first hurdle, on Stella, which is rpm based on CentOS, while I can use method 1 above and get it running, I cannot get pminstaller.sh works with several methods..

perhaps I did it wrong, or something not cooperating..

could you help?

thanks for reading.
wayne

access2godzilla

Re: Installer doesn't work on Stella

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-31, 11:27

chmod +x isn't required :) -- it's already set in the archive.

Could you be specific about what isn't working? A screenshot, the terminal output or something else? If its "authentication failed because sudo is not installed", then use "su -c ./pminstaller.sh".

wayne128

Re: Installer doesn't work on Stella

Unread post by wayne128 » 2014-05-31, 11:51

access2godzilla wrote:chmod +x isn't required :) -- it's already set in the archive.

Could you be specific about what isn't working? A screenshot, the terminal output or something else? If its "authentication failed because sudo is not installed", then use "su -c ./pminstaller.sh".

Thanks access2godzilla for the reply.

Yes, it is working now.
issue close :mrgreen: