[Gremlins] No Indications of Being in Private Mode

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Gremlins] No Indications of Being in Private Mode

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-05-26, 07:31

cb474 wrote:Thanks for the idea Antonius32. I created the file and put it in the chrome folder which I found in the indexedDB folder in my default profile folder for Palemoon. That was the only chrome folder I saw. Didn't seem to do anything other than the default behavior I was already getting.
Don't put it in IndexedDB. Put it in a chrome folder directly in the root of your profile (create it if it doesn't exist).
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-05-26, 09:24

I guess I should have been more specific. The userChrome.css file should be stored in a folder named "chrome", located in the root of your Pale Moon profile folder. If you don't have a "chrome" folder there, then you'll have to create it first, and then store your userChrome file inside that folder.

If you don't get this right, then your userChrome file won't have any effect at all.

cb474

Unread post by cb474 » 2014-05-27, 06:54

Okay, got it. Thanks Moonchild and Antonius32.