some problems with pale moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
blauman

some problems with pale moon

Unread post by blauman » 2014-05-15, 11:55

Hi, i have just installed palemoon on ArchLinux 64bit and i like it so much, but i have some problems.. i can't see some videos because i think i haven't support for h.264 videos. i have had difficulty to submit in this forum too because it was impossible to see the security code to submit and i don't know why. My question is there is a way to have the support for h264? thanks!

access2godzilla

Re: video support

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-15, 12:12

Yes, of course, set media.gstreamer.enabled to true in about:config. You also need to install the relevant packages that provide h.264 support.

blauman

Unread post by blauman » 2014-05-15, 12:42

oh perfect!!! thank you very much!!!! i was thinking to leave this beautiful browser!!!! instead was so easy!!! thank you again!! :thumbup:

edit.. but there is a problem again...for example in this page there is a video that i can't see.. http://www.lffl.org/2014/05/kde-plasma- ... ciato.html
and the confirmation code of this forum is still invisible for palemoon!!!
why!??!

blauman

Unread post by blauman » 2014-05-15, 14:48

no solution? i should leave palemoon? :o

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-05-15, 15:13

The YouTube video imbedded in the website plays for me. You'll just have to wait on one of the other members on here to figure out why it's not playing for you since I'm not tech savvy enough to know why it isn't playing for you. I'm using linux Pale Moon 24.5.0 too.

BTW, the 40 second video has nice music. ;)
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-15, 15:34

I provide support in my free time, so don't expect immediate responses. Switch browsers if you want to.

Did you try a clean profile?

blauman

Unread post by blauman » 2014-05-15, 16:17

well thank you very much for the help :clap:
after a long day i have discover the problem..it was an add-on that i use, it is google-disconnect, i don't know, but with it, video don't works, without it i can see the video! :o

i have only the last problem with this forum because now i can see the security code, but i can't do log-in... i explain.. each time i do the log-in in this forum (and only in this forum :shock: ), palemoon recharge the home of the forum, but i am not logged :wtf: (i'm writing from another browser) ... i don't know, i will use palemoon for some days and i will test it in normal use, if it will remain the only one problem, it will mean you will just see me never more :lol: thank you!!!

oh and i report you another thing, i don't know if it is useless but i do... there is a problem with a package in arch-kde, the package is oxygen-gtk to uniform gtk application theme to kde theme. when it is activated each time you click on menu bar, palemoon crashes! i have solved it with another package with the same function (oxygen-molecule-theme)!

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-15, 17:26

I am among the many who regularly log in here using PM4Linux without problems -- as I suggested, try a clean profile to check if it works there.

I know about the oxygen-gtk crashes: upgrade to 1.4.2 to fix the issue.