Thunderbird links don't work

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dougmack

Thunderbird links don't work

Unread post by dougmack » 2014-05-14, 11:30

I just installed Pale Moon on my PCLinuxOS 32-bit KDE system and set it to "Use this browser for everything" or whatever it says. Now links in Thunderbird don't work.
I went back to Firefox and set it to use that browser for everything, and the links work now. The version of PM was updated to the latest right after i installed it.
What now?

access2godzilla

Re: Thunderbird links don't work

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-14, 13:20

Try:

Code: Select all

rm ~/.local/share/applications/userapp-Pale\ Moon-*.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

dougmack

Unread post by dougmack » 2014-05-14, 15:41

The suggested fix seems to have worked. Maybe the program should be supplied with those files omitted?

--doug

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-14, 16:49

dougmack wrote:The suggested fix seems to have worked. Maybe the program should be supplied with those files omitted?
Those files are created when you select "Use Pale Moon as the default browser"; something probably got borked up with those files.