images.google.com and google image search extensions

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
beatissime lector

images.google.com and google image search extensions

Unread post by beatissime lector » 2014-05-10, 10:17

pm4linux manually installed, Pale Moon Version: 24.5.0 (x86), Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

No google image search add on works for me with this browser. They all call up google in a new tab, but fail to return search results for any images. Disabling other extensions (noscript, ghostery, adblock edge) does not help.

Canonical's Ubuntu Firefox Modifications are disabled as per the pm4linux default.

Curiously, the images.google.com homepage does not show the little camera icon in the search bar which allows you to upload an image to search.

I've seen no trace of a report of this problem on bugzilla or the internet at large. It's been bugging me for weeks, so it's not a momentary fluke, or a problem with the recent upgrade.

access2godzilla

Re: images.google.com and google image search extensions

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-10, 11:16

Did you try a clean profile?

beatissime lector

Re: images.google.com and google image search extensions

Unread post by beatissime lector » 2014-05-10, 19:36

A clean profile works, thank you. I'll report back if I can figure out which config option or extension borked it.