Choose 32bit instead of 64bit with the installer

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MrsAngelD

Choose 32bit instead of 64bit with the installer

Unread post by MrsAngelD » 2014-04-30, 16:15

is there some way I can make the installer choose 32 bit, it keeps wanting to install 64 bit on my system, but due to lack of compatibly with some addons I would rather use the 32bit version

access2godzilla

Re: Choose 32bit instead of 64bit with the installer

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-01, 08:24

No.

MrsAngelD

Unread post by MrsAngelD » 2014-05-01, 17:28

I guess what I'm asking is can that option be added to the installer

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-05-01, 18:25

That'd require me to do some roundabout things to detect ia32-libs, so no. The installer was never meant to serve edge cases like this.

However, fetching the PM tarball and extracting it, and running the palemoon file inside it works as well.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-05-01, 22:21

fetching the PM tarball and extracting it, and running the palemoon file inside it works as well
I use the above method. It's easy for me and it has never given me any problems.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

MrsAngelD

Unread post by MrsAngelD » 2014-05-02, 23:25

Yeah it was just a thought, I was able to run it like you said :)